Can’t Keep Up? I’ve got 7 ways to simplify your life and start living the life of your dreams!
We’ve all heard the phrase, “There’s only 24 hours in a day.”
As I pointed out in Monday’s blog post, “Can You Really Manage Time?” we all have the same 24 hours a day. Whether you are Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump, Richard Branson or Kim Kardashian.
Yes, I mentioned a Kardashian! You know why? Because Kim Kardashian has worked pretty darn hard to make money from being famous. She’s not sitting around watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills or The Talk or Big Brother.
She’s busy! She’s constantly going somewhere and doing something and making sure the paps are there to capture her every move, which ensures she will be in the press and stay famous and making money.
My point is, whether you want to be like Oprah, or Kim or Richard Branson, you have the exact same hours in your day they have. It’s how they choose to spend those hours versus how you choose to spend your hours every day that makes the difference to the success they enjoy or the lack of success you may be seeing in your life.
For instance, I was reading a post in one of my business building Facebook groups yesterday which inspired today’s blog. Here is the post:
We all have 168 hours a week.
8 hrs/day (sleep) x 7 days = 56 hrs
40 hrs (work)
6 hrs (leisure, activites, friends, having fun) x 7 days = 42 hrs
168 hours – 56hrs – 40hrs – 42hrs = 30 hours.
Even after sleeping, working, and having fun… people still have 30 hours a week to build a business part-time that can change their life.
Imagine that! 30 hours a week to build a business in your spare time!
So, how can we simplify our lives so that we truly have those extra hours every day to build our businesses?
Here are 7!
- Stop playing games on Facebook! I don’t play games on Facebook, but I can tell you which of my friends do! I am constantly getting invitations from people to play this or that game on Facebook. It’s a time waster. When I’m on Facebook, it’s because I’m checking in with my groups, reading about my friends’ activities and/or looking for inspirational business articles or tips posted by people I follow.
- Stop cruising the internet for gossip and/or news stories you read and then comment on and then go back to see what someone else has said in response to what you said. Yes, I’ve been there! It’s a time waster. Unless you are commenting on something that is directly related to your business or something important to you, you are wasting time. Trust me, Kim Kardashian doesn’t care whether you think she has a fake backside or not.
- Start a journal – Do you want to know how much time you are really wasting each day? For an entire day, write down how you are spending each hour of the day. Then, tomorrow morning, take a good hard look at how that 24 hours was spent and how you can shave off some of the more unproductive activities you engaged in.
- Stop watching so much television. I know it’s addictive. I like television too. However, I have vastly cut back on the amount of tv I watch and usually save it for the end of the day activity after my kids have gone to bed. I will confess that I have been watching The Young and The Restless for decades. I also watch The Bold and The Beautiful. I DVR both and will fast forward through both of them in about 15 minutes. That’s one and a half hours of television condensed into 15 minutes. Because technology is a beautiful thing and I don’t need to hear every word said to keep up with what’s going on.
- Stop watching the news. It’s depressing. How many times do you see something on the news uplifting, encouraging and hopeful? Not much. Right now, as an exercise, I want you to visit Matt Drudge’s site and take a look at his headlines. These are all the top trending news stories in the world. How many of those headlines are happy and uplifting? How many are going to get you from where you are today to where you want to be down the road? Trust me, if something big happens, you will know. People will tell you about it. Stop wasting your time reading depressing news articles.
- Make a schedule – One you journal and discover how you are really spending your time, it’s time to sit down and schedule yourself a typical day and see where you have extra hours to spend on your business. Those will be your work hours outside of work.
- Enjoy life. You are only given one chance to live this beautiful life. You should not spend it constantly working. Make sure you make time for you, your children and your spouse or significant other.
I hope these 7 tips help you on your journey to living a more abundant life.
How will you spend your extra 30 hours a week?
Should you use Essential Oils or Prescription Drugs to treat your family’s health?
For me, the decision is clear and here are just a few reasons why:
- No Digestion Required
- Gentle to our cells
- Targets Multi-issues in our bodies
- Naturally made
- The more you use, the more your life improves
- Created by God
- Requires digestion and may be taxing to the liver and kidneys
- May have side effects
- Targets only one issue (may cause other issues in the body)
- synthetically made
- The more you use the more dependent on it you become
- Created by man
I started using these oils to treat my family’s health in a holistic way. I am by no means an expert and quite frankly, when I started writing about them I was so new, I didn’t know half of what I know now.
I relied on other people’s testimonies about how they had worked in their lives and wondered would they do the same for me.
The answer? Yes! They are every bit as powerful and effective as everyone said they were. I realized this morning that my family of 5, plus our dog had used the following oils before 10 this morning: Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Copaiba, Aroma Siez, Dragon Time, Panaway, Vetiver, Stress Away, Cedarwood, Oola Balance, Valor, Citrus Fresh, RC, Breathe Again and we drink Ningxia Red and take a Longevity supplement every morning.
So yes, I was a bit skeptical, but hopeful when I started on this oily journey a year ago. It has proven to be everything I heard about and more.
If you are unfamiliar with Young Living and their Seed to Seal guarantee, then you owe it to yourself to find out more. You can watch a few videos on it here.
These oils have changed my life and they can change your life too. You do not have to be dependent on doctors, pharmaceutical companies and the government to take care of your health needs. You can take care of your family’s health yourself.
Are you ready to start on your journey to a happier, healthier and more abundant life?
* I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv. I am a mom who chooses to care for family using holistic methods. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure disease.
** Chart by Dolf Cheng
Can you really manage time?
First, let me ask you these questions: Can you control it? Can you speed it up? Can you slow it down? Can you reverse it?
Time management is a myth.
With the exception of Dr. Who, I don’t know of anyone who time travels. We are all given the same 24 hours in a day.
Years ago, my husband and I got our first dog together, Genie. Genie was a Labrador Retriever and anyone who knows labs, knows how rambunctious they are the first 2 years of their life.
Genie was no exception. Because we had no idea how to train this overly excited, curious and exuberant new addition to our family, Genie ran the house. I once realized that she was very quiet behind the couch and got up to discover she had pretty effectively dismembered and decapitated our daughter’s Barbie.
It was time to call in the troops. We found a highly recommended dog trainer and she came out to our house to train Genie. In short, we were doing everything wrong. We were letting her go out the door ahead of us. We were letting her run us.
The dog trainer came out to help us over two consecutive weekends and by the end of that training, she was able to take an entire tray of lasagna out of the refrigerator, put it on the floor and Genie would not touch it. After that, it was like we had an entirely new dog living with us.
But you want to know what I discovered from that time with the dog trainer?
Genie wasn’t the problem. She didn’t really train Genie. She trained us.
Let me say that again:
Genie wasn’t the problem. We were. We needed the training to be effective pack leaders.
Likewise, time cannot be managed. If you are having problems with getting things done, if you are having problems not reaching your desired goals, if you can’t find the time to do anything, it is not time’s fault.
So when someone writes a book on time management or sells you a course on time management, what they are really doing is giving your insight into how to manage YOU!
You need to learn to manage yourself so that the time you have is well spent. I’m sure you’ve heard the analogy that we all have the same number of hours in a day. It’s how we spend those 24 hours that makes a difference.
Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates — they all have the same number of hours in the day that you and I have. The difference is in how they choose to spend the hours they have.
Which do you think will yield better results? Watching television for an hour or reading a book on how to use social media for business?
Some people need a schedule to ensure they get everything done that they need to in order to succeed in managing their productivity.
What things can you do today to manage yourself more effectively?
It’s “Oily Friday!” Which means today I will be sharing another great post about Young Living essential oils.
These oils never cease to amaze me! They are so powerful and healing! I cannot believe it took me this long to find them!
Today, I want to concentrate on skin and how these oils can help you with some DIY (Do It Yourself) Creams.
First up is a cream for Ringworm I originally developed for my daughter’s guinea pigs. If you know anything about Ringworm, you know that is not a worm, but a fungus and so I turned to the oils to find a solution. This was a good thing, since those guinea pigs spread the fungus to my daughter! I used this cream on both animals and humans with great results! We applied once in the morning and once at night.
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
Melrose (25 drops)
Lemongrass (25 drops)
Thieves (25 drops)
Lavender (25 drops)
Mix well, refrigerate to solidify, then store in a cool, dry place.
The other day, one of my oily friends, Melinda, posted a thank you note from someone she helped with a DIY Eczema Cream. Here is the note: “Hey Melinda – [We] wanted to thank you for the eczema cream. It is working better than anything over the counter and trust me we tried everything! Alex’s skin has cleared up!”
Here is her recipe:
DIY Eczema Cream (This would also be a great Psoriasis Cream)
1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup of Shea Butter
1/4 tsp. Vitamin E oil
(Melt oils together)
Add in Young Living essential oils*:
Melrose (25 drops)
Lavender (15 drops)
Lemon (20 drops)
Frankincense (20 drops)
Melaleuca (10 drops)
Mix well and place in the refrigerator (in a GLASS JAR) to firm it back up. Store in a cool, dry place.
This is the anti-wrinkle cream I came up with after I started using coconut oil to wash my face at night. Afterward, I was putting a small bit of coconut oil in my palm and mixing with 3 drops of Frankincense, then applying, but I finally got around to making a batch in a jar. I’ve add Myrrh to the mix and it is amazing! Enjoy!
1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp. of Jojoba Oil
Melt oils then add:
Frankincense (40 drops)
Myrrh (40 drops)
Mix well, place in glass jar and place in refrigerator to firm, then store in a cool dry place.
The above recipe, along with washing my face every night, has given me the best skin of my life!
And, as an added bonus today, here is a face scrub recipe I like to use in the shower in the mornings:
Citrus Anti-Aging Face Scrub
1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup of Honey (I use raw)
1 Cup of Sea Salt
20 drops of Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
20 drops of Young Living Orange Essential Oil
Melt the Coconut Oil and mix with the honey. Mix the essential oils with the Sea Salt. Then combine the Sea Salt Mixture with the oil/honey mixture. Put in Glass Jar and place in refrigerator to solidify. NOTE: Because of the essential oils, please be careful about not getting this scrub in your eyes! As I said before, I like using this scrub on my face in the shower in the morning. I hope you enjoy it too!
Here’s to naturally healthy skin!
* I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv. I am a mom who looks for holistic ways to treat my family’s health. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure disease.